Nature, waterfall, glacier and local cuisine, all in one tour
A super jeep tour to the wonderful countryside of Lón, that contains many hidden gems of nature is a great way to experience Iceland.
Our first stop is the airport, if needed to pick up passengers there, but this tour is also available by Eagle Air, with flight from Reykjavík to Höfn and back after the tour.
From the airport, we go on an adventurous tour, ending in the amazing Vatnajökull National Park. We visit Stafafellsmountains which is a beautiful and peaceful area with magnificent nature. We will drive over mountain roads and visit canyons and waterfalls. This area is filled with photographic gems and magnificent colours in the nature.
After about 4 hours of wonderful nature we arrive back in Höfn for lunch (lunch not included) where you can experience fresh local food, and a short trip through the town of Höfn.
After lunch, we go to the beautiful glacier lagoon Hoffell, that is a small and pristine glacier lagoon, and a perfect end of our tour where you can enjoy the magic and peacefulness from the glacier before we drive back.
Reservations are required 24 hours in advance.
Departure: From Höfn at 9:40AM, from Airport at 10:00AM
Meeting point: Parking lot by N1 gas station on Vesturbraut in Höfn.
Duration: 7-8 hours
Price: Adults: 30. 000.ísk. – children 15.000.ísk.
Minimum age: None.
Group maximum: 10 persons
Season: 1. May – 30. September
Please read our safety policy and the terms and conditions of our trips, at the top of the page!!
What ‘s included :
- Drive in a super jeep.
- A local English speaking guide.
What you need to bring:
- Outdoor clothing based on weather conditions at the time of the trip. Such as hat, gloves, rain coat, etc.
- Good shoes, this trip does not involve a lot of hiking.
- Good mood 🙂
Good to know:
- Weather in Iceland can be unpredictable, so it is always wise to check the weather forecast before travelling long distances in Iceland.
- Notice that the distance from Reykjavík to Höfn is 460km or about 5-6 hours’ drive in best conditions.
- For information’s on road conditions see vegagerdin.is and for information on weather see www.vedur.is
- Information on Hoffelsjökull
- Information on Stafafellsmountains
All South East tours are undertaken on the responsibility of its participants. South East does not assume any responsibility for accidents that are caused or can be traced to customer’s own actions or recklessness.
Participant in our tours must always comply with guides instructions for safety.