A super jeep tour to the edge of the Breiðamerkurjökull glacier that is the home of the ice caves in our amazing Vatnajökull National Park. You get a magnificent experience with our local guide that knows the are like the back of his hand. You see where and how the ice caves form and our knowledgeable guide tells you all you never knew about the glacier, the ice caves and the area around the glacier.
We drive in our super jeep from Glacier lagoon to the edge of the glacier, and the ride takes about 30-45 minutes depending on the weather. We choose our stops carefully each time depending on the weather and the photo opportunities are countless.
Departure: 10:00 and 13:30 (Please be at meeting point 20 minutes before departure)
Meeting point: Glacier Lagoon (Jökulsárlón)
Duration: 2-3 hours
Price: 19. 500.ísk
Minimum age: 10 years
Group maximum: 10 persons
What ‘s included
- Drive in a super jeep from Glacier lagoon, to the edge of the glacier and around that area and back to Glacier lagoon.
- A local English speaking guide.
What you need to bring
- Outdoor clothing based on weather conditions at the time of the trip. Such as hat, gloves etc.
- Good shoes, if chance for short hike.
- Good mood 🙂
Good to know
- Weather in Iceland can be unpredictable in the winter time and change swiftly so we advise you to spend the night before the tour, within one hour drive to Glacier lagoon.
- Notice that the distance from Reykjavík to Glacier lagoon(Jökulsárlón) is 380km or about 4-5 hours’ drive in best conditions.
- For information’s on road conditions see vegagerdin.is and for information on weather see www.vedur.is
All South East tours are undertaken on the responsibility of its participants. South East does not assume any responsibility for accidents that are caused or can be traced to customer’s own actions or recklessness.
Participant in our tours must always comply with guides instructions for safety.